Upcoming speaking engagements include:
- I will be contributing a paper on the theme of Christian – Jewish Relations to the Markus Barth Centenary Symposium to be hosted by the Karl Barth Center at Princeton Theological Seminary in September 2018.
- I will be presenting a paper to the Karl Barth Society of North America when it meets during the upcoming annual meeting of the AAR/SBL in Denver, Colorado in November 2018. The working title is ‘The Cartography of Christian Freedom amidst Created Order in Barth and Bonhoeffer‘.
- I will be taking part in a panel discussion of my recent book, Militant Grace, during a session of the Working Group on Theology and Apocalyptic during the upcoming annual meeting of the AAR/SBL in Denver, Colorado in November 2018. Details of this are here.
- I will be one of the plenary speakers at next L.A. Theology Conference on Divine Action and Providence, 17-18 January, 2019 at Biola University. The title of my paper is ‘The Devil’s Work: Divine Providence and its Antithesis’
- I will be one of the plenary speakers at the 2019 SST Annual Meeting on the theme of the doctrine of grace.
- I will speak as part of a conference on Karl Barth’s Römerbrief 100 years later: Retrospect and Prospect, hosted by the Faculty of Theology of the University of Geneva, 5-7 June, 2019.
- I am coordinating the 2019 Annual Karl Barth Conference, hosted at Princeton Theological Seminary by the Centre for Barth Studies. More details to follow. . . .
Some other recent papers and presentations include:
- I presented a paper entitled ‘Insomnolent Ananthemas: E.M. Cioran’s Unbelieving Gift to Theology’ at the annual meeting of the Society for the Study of Theology at the University of Nottingham, 9-11 April 2018.
- I presented a plenary paper entitled ‘Spheres, Circles, Orders and Mandates’ as part of the 2018 Dutch ‘Barth Tagung’ on the theme of ‘Bonhoeffer as a Challenge to Barth’s Theology’, March 5-7, 2018, Amersfoort.
- I delivered the first annual Logos Theology Lecture at the Logos Institute at the University of St Andrews on Thursday, November 30, 2017.
- I taught and lectured during a week-long visit to the Department of Religion of Baylor University, Waco, TX from November 6-10, 2017.
- I delivered a paper to the 2nd London Bonhoeffer Colloquium, St. Mary’s University, Twinckenham on Saturday, October 28th, 2017.
- I participated in a symposium entitled, ‘Deification and Creaturehood in an Age of Biotechnological Enhancement’, 17-19 July 2017 at Kellogg College, Oxford, UK.
- I served as a respondent to Eleanore Stump at the Logos Conference, ‘God, History, and the Incarnation’, June 1-3, 2017 at the University of St Andrews.
- ‘Listening to Discipleship‘s “B-Side”‘, Reading Bonhoeffer for the Life of the Church, Durham University, September 20-22, 2016.